26 March 2013

Letter-writing Soundtrack

Lately I've been all about Mist Giant. The vocals are enough like another instrument not to be distracting, but their sound is interesting & haunting... I love it!


I've also been enjoying Grizzly Bear. What a bunch of weirdos.


And CocoRosie's "old" album (better than their latest, interested in their upcoming) The Adventures of Ghosthorse and Stillborn always make for a nice backdrop of sound.


The Devendra Banhart station on Pandora has unearthed a few new-to-me gems as well! I need to pick up a few of that guy's albums... After I stop spending all my money on craft supplies.

What do you like to listen to while you write letters? Opera? Folk? Metal? Silence? 

I've been slowly catching up on letters! It feels nice. :)

♥ Ciara Kay

7 comments:

  1. AH! That CoCoRosie album is my favorite. I haven't heard of the other bands but I think I will check them out immediately! If I'm not watching movies, I am listening to Modest Mouse while writing letters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been known to draw & paint to the banter on "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" or to the odd movie, but when I write I can't concentrate when people are talking, haha! Modest Mouse is a good one too! I need to "dust off" my mp3s of their stuff. ;)

      Delete
    2. I think we should be BFFs - Sunny is my favorite show ever and I name everything I can Charlie. I've pretty much perfected the art of movie watching and letter writing, it feels weird to watch a movie without writing!

      Delete
    3. hahaha! XD Well I was planning on writing to you when the May LEP Newsletter came out, but I may have to expedite that & continue this conversation on awesome media consumption via post. ;)

      Delete